Sunday, December 21, 2008

DW&F: Elephant Poo Poo Paper and Typos

Hello everyone!

Remember yesterday when I whined about how tired I was from all this Christmas crap? Well, ditto, except I'm even more tireder, plus I'm stressed because we're supposed to be leaving for Portland tomorrow afternoon to see some friends before going to Sandpoint on Tuesday. But apparently I-84 has been closed from Troutdale to Hood River for the past few days because there is way too much snow and the one snowplow within a 45 mile radius of Portland is busy plowing other roads, so who knows what is going to happen. We might try heading over Santiam Pass toward Bend, or we might just leave later. Everything is up in the air right now, and I don't like it!

But if there's one thing you can count on never being up in the air, it's the...

Daily Win and FAIL!

Win: Elephant Poo Poo Paper




This is a greeting card made of paper that was made from elephant poo. Now, elephants most likely make a whole lot of poop, so it's nice to know that some of it is being put to good use. But the best part about it is that the label on the back proudly proclaims that the company makes "100% recycled and odorless paper products." How many paper companies feel the need to reassure their customers that their products are 100% odorless? I'm guessing only The Great Elephant Poo Poo Paper Company Limited does, and that's what makes it a Win!

FAIL: Typos

In my last Daily Win and FAIL! column, I included a photo that I took of a FAIL that I spotted in the wild, in which some rulers with lion photos on them were labeled, "Motion Horse Ruler." This would be an obvious FAIL as it implies that someone can't tell the difference between lions and horses. The problem was that for some reason I described the label as saying, "Motion Picture Ruler." Ordinarily, this would be no big deal, except the label was the whole point of the FAIL, which would make it another FAIL on my part since I screwed up in describing something that someone else screwed up. It's also very ironic--not in an Alanis Morissette irony FAIL sort of way, but ironic in the true sense of the word. These FAILS work so much better when they don't have to be explained, so I'll stop before I make this a triple FAIL.

fail owned pwned pictures

So the original has been fixed, and the lesson to be learned here is that typos can ruin even the best writings. Just ask this guy.

Rob

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home