Thursday, October 02, 2008

The VP Debates!

Hello everyone!

Well, I watched the VP debate earlier this evening with Cathy and some friends, and I have to say that both candidates were... um, prepared.

First off, America's favorite moose hunter and reader of every single newspaper, Sarah Palin, certainly did a fantastic job regurgitating stock Republican talking points, often with no rhyme or reason whatsoever, and usually about issues that had little or nothing to do with the question asked. At a few points, she basically said that she didn't want to talk about whatever the subject was, but she wanted to talk about something else (something that she was ostensibly more prepared to talk about). However, she smiled a lot and acted "spunky" and "folksy," so of course the knuckle-draggers are already proclaiming that she won. It won't be long before the establishment follows suit because if they don't, Bill O'Reilly might call them "far-left" news sources.

On the other hand, Biden talked about matters of substance and responded to the questions clearly and directly, even though I didn't agree with everything he said (clean coal, WTF?) He obviously was prepared for the debate after spending time rehearsing with Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm ahead of time. Here is an exclusive story about the practice session, complete with photos.

Oh, and Palin kept winking! What was that all about? Maybe she's making up for the fact that John McCain can't.

Did that joke go too far? Sorry, but I'm not myself these days--a year and a half of election season will do that to you when you try to keep up with it all. And although the preceding comment may some day in the future cost me a job somewhere (Google cache never lies), I refuse to censor myself! So if you don't like what I say, go f*@k yourself!

Anyway, while the debate was entertaining in a Mystery Science Theater 3000 sort of way, I don't think it will make a difference in the long run. Barring any "October Surprise," huge Obama scandal, or full on blatant voter fraud (any of which is possible), I'm going to go ahead and call it for Obama. There you go. I'll either look like a genius or an ass a month from now.

But if McCain/Palin win, looking like an ass will be the least of my concerns.

Rob

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home