Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Douchebags!

Hello everyone!

I'm at home right now trying to finish my last paper of the summer term, and I have C-SPAN on in the background which is airing the Democratic National Convention. The convention has been interesting, that's for sure. Today Obama finally officially got the official nomination officially. For sure this time. Super serial! I guess people can now stop saying he's the presumptuous, er, I mean presumptive nominee.

Jeff Merkley, they guy who beat my guy Steve Novick in the Oregon US Senatorial primaries, gave an inspirational five minute speech. It inspired me to want to take a nap. They cut to a crowd shot of his supporters and it looked like the crowd I'd expect to see show up for Saturday night bingo.

Congressman Robert Wexler, who supposedly has been pushing for impeachment against Bush and Cheney, didn't mention the word "impeachment" once during his speech, but instead talked almost exclusively about Israel. Maybe he just wants to impeach Ehud Olmert instead.

Despite all these different people stepping up to the podium to speak, everyone keeps talking about how we "need to get off foreign oil." Screw that. We need to get off oil, period. But I guess that won't make the petroleum lobbyists happy, would it?

What a bunch of douchebags.

Why can't they all be more like Dennis Kucinich?



Wake up America!

Rob

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home