Saturday, October 04, 2008

Maybe the Taxpayers Will Bail Me out of My Student Loan Debt

Hello everyone!

Well, there goes another $700 billion $850 billion down the drain. But hey, when the national debt is already over $10 trillion, what's a few more hundred billion? I mean, it's not like we're ever going to be able to pay it off or anything, so what's the big deal? In fact, let's just keep borrowing more and more money until we default, which will completely bankrupt the country and start another worldwide depression. Doesn't that sound like fun? My grandma loves to talk about her childhood growing up during the Great Depression, and how she and her siblings used to go to the market and beg for rotten and/or moldy produce for the family to eat when they were kids. Good times!

If we're lucky, our government will have learned from having its collective balls in the tight, talon-like grasp of Wall Street, which basically told our "leaders" that the taxpayers need to bail them out or they will destroy our economy, and that this time it will work because the same idiots who caused the problem are going to fix it. Then when our country's economy completely fails, we can tell the rest of the world they need to bail us out or we'll bring down the rest of the world's economy with us, and if we're really lucky some of that trickle down to regular people like us. And if that plan doesn't work, we can always invade someone, perhaps Canada. They've had it coming for a long time.

So what does the mainstream media have to say about this? Hell if I know. But here's what The Daily Show had to say:



You know, lately I've posted a few blog posts. And nothing makes me feel like I've accomplished what I've set out to accomplish like when I type a bunch of words and then click the "Publish Post" button. To me, that's what makes blogging worth it. Sure, most of the jokes I tell fall flat, and the rest is usually just copy-and-paste stuff that I steal from others (such as the above video), but the point is I'm not getting paid for this.

It just makes me feel good to be reminded that anything is possible whenever I do something that is completely possible, no matter how terrible of an idea it was in the first place.

Rob

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home