Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Would You Be Mine? Could You Be Mine?

Hello everyone!

I meant to post this several days ago, but I got sidetracked with comics and Obamics and almost forgot. Anyway, here's an email I got from my favorite sister (my other sister doesn't read my blog, right?):
Hey Rob, I saw an article on Mr Rogers and I thought of you......
March 20th is being promoted as "sweater day" to honor Fred Rogers on what would have been his 80th birthday. The tribute will include an effort to get people everywhere to wear a sweater on that day. Put this on your blog, get people going on this and don't forget to include a picture of you in your sweater. People can ever put sweaters on their dogs! Think of the possibilities.
That sounds like a great idea and all. I mean, Mr. Rogers was one of my biggest heroes when I was growing up. So what if I was still growing at age 19! But, it's just that, well...

I don't own any sweaters.

I considered going to Goodwill and picking one up, but really I've been mired in finals, and I don't especially want to wear an old, oily, smelly, used sweater without at least washing it first, but tomorrow is the 20th already.

Luckily, I have a solution:



Would you be mine?
Could you be mine?
Won't you be my neighbor?

Unless you and your wife like to scream at each other at 5 am. Or if you leave you crap all over your front lawn. Or if you have four kids and you feed them nothing but Little Debbie snacks and Dr. Pepper. Or if you come into our yard and cut down our bamboo at 8am on a Saturday morning. Or if you throw away your trash into our cans. I'm so glad we don't live there anymore.

Rob

PS: We're going to hear Barack Obama speak at Mac Court this Friday!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny Rob, you look great in that sweater. You know if you ever finish school you could take up where Mr. Rogers left off.

8:26 AM, March 20, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was just asking Wade what we should get you for your birthday the other day...

12:34 PM, March 20, 2008  
Blogger Rob said...

Hello Chris and Summer!

Chris, I'd be okay with the sweaters and the trolley and the Neighborhood of Make Believe and the piano jazz and the Mr. McFeely and the fish feeding and the puppets and the singing whenever I come home or leave and everything, but I'm not sure about the kids. Sure, I'd be a better role model than your stereotypical Catholic priest, but that's not saying much. In fact, I think this is the first time anyone has ever suggested that I be put in a situation in which I interact with a lot of kids, and that includes when I was a kid.

Summer, you're going to get me an old, oily, smelly, used sweater from Goodwill? This is going to be the best birthday ever!

Rob

11:24 PM, March 20, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home