Wednesday, February 27, 2008

More School Stuff

Hello everyone!

I got a response from the student who sent out an email I responded to. If you don't know what I'm talking about, go here first. If you do know the story, read on:
Rob,

Thank you for your response. The real question now is, if you feel this way, why have or havent you acted on these beliefs? And what type of environment must be created for us to legitimize these claims in an active way that can create tangible results?
Here's my response to his response to my response:
Hello Ryan

I thought long and hard about your questions, but I'm not quite sure what you're asking. I don't think what I talked about were "beliefs" per se, but observations. They're simply how I see things. I suppose I "act" on them by choosing to live my life accordingly and by sharing my observations when appropriate, or even sometimes when not appropriate. That's about it.

I'm not interested in going around telling everyone they're living their lives all wrong, even if that's what I believe. To do so would make me no better than the people in the commercials who insist I run out and buy whatever they're selling.

I don't understand the second question at all. It seems like it would all depend on what kind of "tangible results" a person is looking for. There's a fine line between showing people your viewpoint is better and manipulating them into believing so. Some of the worst scum of society makes their living doing the latter, and I want no part in it.

Rob

We'll see if he responds to my response to his response to my response to his email.

In the meantime, I promise there will be cheese talk coming soon.

Rob

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home