Sunday, January 11, 2009

DW&F: McMenamins and Belgians

Hello everyone!

I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to keep up the Daily Win and FAIL! I've enjoyed doing it, but I've found that there have been other things I've wanted to blog about, but either I couldn't or I had to try to turn it into a Win or FAIL since I'm somewhat committed to this format. I'd still like to try to blog every day, and maybe I'll do an "Occasional Win and FAIL" instead of a daily one. Who knows.

Daily Win and FAIL!

Win: McMenamins

I love McMenamins, and I love that Eugene has three of them. We've recently rediscovered McMenamins East 19th Street Cafe, and treated ourselves to dinner there tonight. They had their Porter on Nitro, which is always a pleasure, and we finished our dinner by sharing a Terminator Stout Milkshake. Win!

FAIL: Belgian Style Ale

I picked up a 6-pack of the latest of the Widmer Brewers' Release series, this being the W '09 Belgian Style Ale. I usually don't like Belgian brews, but I've had great luck with the W '08 and the W '07, so I thought I'd give it a shot. The upshot: I still don't like Belgian brews. But I'll finish this 6-pack, particularly because growing up I was taught to finish whatever I start. FAIL!


Beer Fail funny picture

Rob

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home