Friday, October 19, 2007

School Blues and Comics

Hello everyone!

I'm in the middle of my first term at U of O, and my Causes and Prevention of War class is really kicking my ass. I'm talking 250-300 pages of dry reading each week followed by a pop quiz on those readings in which I basically get 15 minutes to write three short essays, and I'm apparently expected to cite the readings by memory. My professor also loves trick questions. For the first time ever, I've had to make up flash cards to study. I guess that's what I get for thinking I can take a class taught by someone who used to teach at MIT and still have a life.

The thing is, she expects well thought out responses on the quizzes, but since there's so much information to read and absorb, I don't have time to process it. So I'm just trying to survive.

When it feels like my head is going to explode, I take a break and go to one of my favorite websites. I've been really enjoying the Non Sequitur comic these days. I thought I'd share two of my favorites with the millions three people who read my blog. You should be able to see a bigger version by clicking on them, but if it doesn't work, just pretend it does!




Rob

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home