Monday, November 27, 2006

The Downside of Avoiding the Entertainment Headlines...

They say timing is everything. I'm not exactly sure who "they" are, but I can tell you they're not idiots.

I, however, am an idiot. More appropriately, I'm a "pop-culture illiterate" idiot.

Not only am I an idiot, but I must also have the worst timing of anybody on Earth. See, my last post was completely devoted to the virtues of Kramer from TV's Seinfeld.

But the dumbass I am...

Look, I had no idea that this story broke during the past week:
Michael Richards in hot water over racial rant

Comedian Michael Richards, known to millions as Seinfeld's Cosmo Kramer, is about to become known for another point in his career. In a story emerging from the overnight hours, reports find Richards shouting racial slurs at comedy club hecklers.
Boy, I couldn't have picked a better time to talk about how great Kramer is, right? Maybe I should at least read the entertainment news headlines if I'm not going to read the articles. Apparently everyone knew all about what he said except me.

Stupid!

So let me set the record straight.

Cosmo Kramer: Very funny.

Stanley Spadowski: Hilarious.




Michael Richards: Assclown.

Rob

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy Rob, You really had me confused when I read your last posting. I do not have TV nor have I ever watched Seinfeld, But I knew what he had done. You scared me! Glad you set the record straight.

8:12 AM, November 28, 2006  
Blogger Rob said...

Hi Chris!

There's egg all over my face, I can promise you that much.

Plus, it probably doesn't help that I lived in North Idaho for seven years.

I like Seinfeld (the show) and was researching buying some episodes on DVD when I came across the pictures of Kramer. They made me laugh so I thought they'd make other people laugh if I put them on my blog.

Boy was I wrong!

Here's hoping someone read the blog without knowing what happened (I guess now I've screwed that one up, too) and got a laugh out of it.

Bloggin' ain't easy, y'know.

Either way, I recommend watching Seinfeld if you get a chance.

Rob

1:47 PM, November 28, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I figured you were trying to separate the character from the real life idiot. I applaud you for not being up on the current "news".
I guess his publisher made come claims the other day that Richards was Jewish. A claim many, MANY members of the Jewish community have denied.
Too bad that every time I see Kramer now, I have to associate him this crap.

2:36 PM, November 29, 2006  
Blogger Rob said...

Hi Greg!

No, I wasn't "trying to separate the character from the real life idiot," but that would've been the appropriate thing to do. Oh, well.

Thanks for appreciating the fact that I'm not up on the current "news". But truth be told, the reason for that is because I cancelled my yearly subscription to the Enquirer when they raised the rates and it got to be too expensive for my budget.

Another reason I cancelled was because when I read that Pamela Anderson and Kid Rock were getting a divorce, my first thought was "They're married?"

But then my second thought was "What is this world coming to?" and I broke down in tears. I can't take that kind of heartbreak anymore.

9:37 PM, November 29, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home